Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Normal Service to Resume Shortly, and a few plans for 2018

It's been a LONG few weeks. The move has been accomplished, though most stuff is in storage right now. As I'm yet not up to a book review, we're going to take a look at some items of interest for 2017.

Firstly, I'm going to look at book reviews.

In 2016, I reviewed 60 books. I had that beaten by summer of 2017. Total for the year? 44 individual book/magazine reviews, plus another 75 in Quick Reviews, for a total of 119 reviews for 2017.  I also did not put up a review for Russell Newquist's Vigil, though I did get an Amazon review done. This will be corrected shortly.

Now, where was the official Sad Puppies reviews, recommendations, etc.? The website disappeared just as quickly as it went up. And we were told later that they wanted it to be as good as possible. Well, congratulations to the so called owners of SP. You killed a very successful brand inside of 2 years.

On the other hand, Mr. Jon del Arroz has created the Happy Frogs. Which, following the direction of its Board of Trustees, has generated lists for the Dragon Awards, the Nebula awards, and is now preparing for the first annual Ribbit Awards, which I predict will be the most fun award in speculative fiction.

On another note, in my packing, I found a few things that will make for future giveaways.  Once I get things sorted out like work and refinding the items, keep an eye for those and post in the comments if the item(s) sound cool to you. I'll cover domestic shipping, as media mail is cheap.

Lastly, I also got paused partway through the book I'm working on. I hope to resume work on that in a day or two, and get to my first draft being finished in about two weeks. I have first readers lined up, and then I'll need to expand and cut in a second draft. While starting book two, and maybe my book in the world of the fictional game, Social Justice.

When you play Social Justice, the world loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment