Saturday, March 25, 2017

Yep, I gotta try to monetize

You might notice a couple of buttons on the left side that are new. I need to start at least trying to get something out of the blog, especially the book reviews. This is not a complaint, but a simple statement of my fiscal reality.

I do low paying grunt work for a living. HR people in IL consider me unskilled labor, because the market is so oversaturated that they don't have to worry about a person's ability to acquire skills, just the experience they already have. Wages are also depressed to the point that most factories and warehouses barely pay over minimum wage, unless they have a reputation for treating people badly.

 I've been called a professional reviewer a few times, and I really should try to get something out of any book sales I help induce. So, if you are so inclined, please, use either the donate button or the poor looking injustice books button on the left. I'll see if I can pretty it up, but it'll do for now. I'm hoping to get an affiliate account for tfaw and possibly miniature market  as well.

Authors, if you're reading this, I'll gladly have my book purchasing reduced, though being given a copy is no guarantee of a review, nor do I have mercy on what I perceive to be bad writing. New to the blog? Check out a couple of book reviews first, that's what the tabs are for.

I hope I can give a good return on any monies granted. I'm not up for a regular payment setup, as life happens, and I will occasionally have slow times. That said, the more comes in, the more I can give to the blog. And possible other writing, but no guarantees there.

Many thanks to all,

Alfred Genesson

When you play Social Justice, the world loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment